Depression (Vishaada) is a mental illness, which involves the body, moods and thoughts of a person. It is normally characterized by sadness, feelings of hopelessness, change in weight, thoughts of death or suicide and similar symptoms. Depression adversely affects the routine work and life of a person leaving him sad, lazy, tired, unmotivated, irritable and indifferent.
It affects his friendly relationships, family responsibilities, social behavior and overall performance. Depression is a pitta disorder. Sometimes allergies and the breakdown in metabolic processes can lead to and also disturb brain chemistry. This can cause dramatic mood swings, with depression as one of the consequences. Vata imbalance also can cause depression.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Cardamom (Elattaria cardamomum), Guggulu (Commiphora wightii), Jatamansi(Nardostachys jatamansi) and Turmeric (Curcuma longa) are some useful herbs during the treatment of depression.
Symptoms of Depression (Vishaada)
- External symptoms such as crying and brooding
- Continuous feeling of sadness or blankness
- A pessimistic approach towards life
- A continual guilty conscience and no confidence in oneself
- Persistent fatigue
- Difficulty in focusing, concentration and making decisive strategies
- Loss of interest in activities such as outings, hobbies, work and even sex
- Loss of energy or enthusiasm
- Eat properly and timely. Regularize your timings of foods.
- Don’t consume too much Non-vegetarian food items.
- Try to take as much as sweet taste in your foods, if you are not diabetic. As carbohydrates are the best food for your brain, sweets can supply the proper amount of food to your deeper nerves.
- Eat like a cat!! Cats are smart enough in eating behavior. A cat won’t eat more than its requirements.
- Keep your Doshas in harmony by eating right stuff of foods. (Know first about your Doshic Diet).
- Drink warm water as much as you can. Cold freezes your feelings even!!
Fill in the “Enquiry form” to get a personalised treatment plan for Depression . Get direct response from ayurvedic experts through email or phone by entering your contact details