Ayurvedic Treatment for Ulcer
Peptic ulcers are the open sores that develop within the lining of our abdomen and also the upper portion of the gut. The foremost common symptom of peptic ulceration is abdomen pain.
Peptic ulcers include :
- Gastric ulcers which occur inside the stomach
- Duodenal ulcers that occur on the upper portion of your duodenum ( small intestine)
Gastric ulcer or Peptic ulcer or ulcus pepticum (PUD), refers to a state in which the gastrointestinal area becomes acidic. The ulcer spreads near the gastrointestinal tract and can cause severe pain. More than 80% of the ulcers are associated with a bacterium named Helicobacter Pylori (spiral shaped).
The attacks creates inflammation, sores, tiny holes, sometimes bleeding and often a great deal of gnawing, burning abdominal pain. Thus, ulcers are an imbalance between acids.
Main causes of Gastric Ulcer are:
- Regular intake of aspirin or non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs
- Excessive hot, spicy fried food. Heavy drinking and smoking
- Irregular, and bad eating habits
- Gutkha is more dangerous
- Excessive tea, coffee, and pan chewing
The systems of peptic ulcer are sharp and severe pain and discomfort in the upper part of the abdomen. Gastric ulcer pain usually occurs an hour after meals and rarely at night. The pain is relieved by food, especially milk. As the disease progresses, there is distension of the stomach due to excessive flatulence, mental tension, insomnia, and gradual weakening of the body. Blood may also be detected in the stool.
Ayurvedic remedies for gastric ulcer are:
- Avoid irregular food habits
- Drink barley water regularly and cold milk
- Restrict mental and physical strain
- Intake pure ghee- a good healer
- Quit alcohol and smoking
- Take regular, timely and balanced meals containing high-fibre food
- Avoid very hot, sour, salty and acidic foods
Fill in the “Enquiry form” to get a personalised treatment plan for Gastric Ulcer . Get direct response from ayurvedic experts through mail or phone by entering your contact details