Eczema (Vicharchika) is a skin disease that is more common among children. The skin appears dry and itchy due to lack of moisture in the upper layer. Eczema results in spontaneous eruption of the skin with itching. This condition leads the skin to higher bacterial infection. The two types of eczema are wet and dry types. In the wet type, a watery substance can be found oozing out of the affected skin due to scratching. The dry type may be rough and may have cracks.
Symptoms of Eczema are:
- Dry, leather-like thickening or crusting of the skin
- Scaling or sometimes blistering of the skin
- Redness and swelling, often accompanied by itching
Prevention of Eczema
- Intake plenty of water, fruit juices and include protein rich food daily
- Adjust your daily activities to bring stress and tension under control
- Avoiding egg plant or Brinjal
- Avoid Sweet
According to Ayurveda, eczema is a minor form of leprosy and is caused by the aggravation of kapha in addition to vata and pitta. Depending on the person’s lifestyle, diet and emotional pattern the treatment procedure is being scheduled for the patients.