Diabetes (Prameha or Madhumeha) is the disease described in the Ayurvedic literature that correlates to the modern day diabetes mellitus. Diabetes is widespread globally ranking as one of the most common chronic disease. Millions of people all over the world suffer from Diabetes for years and increasing every year.
Diet and regimen
- Avoid all objects that contain sugar from diet
- Take plenty of green vegetables, black gram, soy, fish etc
- Intake of citric acid content food items, may be taken as and when needed
- Take barley soaked in a triphala decoction overnight, then mix with honey and eat it several times a day
- Reduce fats, especially butter and ghee from diet
- Skip daytime sleeping
- Quit smoking
- Conscious eye care
- Exercise- word of the hour
- Take extra care of your foot
Ayurveda treatments for diabetes flag off with different types of sneha karmas (oilation therapy) to make sure that the body of the patient is properly oilated both externally and internally. The next step is to remove the vitiated doshas out of the body through upper and lower tracts with panchakarma treatments. After the panchakarma treatments the patient is given oral medicines including kashayams, lehyams and choornams.